Rosemary Ellen Guiley
Rosemary Ellen Guiley is a leading expert on the paranormal and supernatural. She conducts original field investigations of haunted and mysterious sites. The author of more than 45 books – including 9 encyclopedias – and hundreds of articles in print on a wide range of paranormal, spiritual and mystical topics, she possesses an exceptional knowledge of the field.
Her encyclopedias on ghosts and spirits, angels, vampires and werewolves, magic and alchemy, witchcraft, demons, dreams, mystical and paranormal experience and saints are considered essential sources for authors, researchers,novelists and screenwriters, film and documentary producers, and paranormal investigators. Her work has been translated into 14 languages and has been selected by major book clubs around the world. She appears in television programs, documentaries and docu- dramas with paranormal themes, and makes numerous media and lecture appearances, including colleges and universities.
Guiley is a frequent guest on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory, the leading nighttime syndicated talk radio show, and has co-authored a book with Noory on spirit communications, Talking to the Dead (Tor Books, 2011).
In particular, she researches interdimensional entity contact experiences involving shadow people, aliens, mysterious beings and creatures, angels, fairies, Djinn, demons, ghosts and poltergeists. She also researches documentation of interdimensional portals, using innovative photography and real-time spirit communications devices.
For information and event inquiries, contact Marc Tetlow, Ideal Event Management, email@example.com, 413.478.3642
For information on college events, contact Rich Nikodem at GP College Entertainment, firstname.lastname@example.org, 866.812.8248
Guiley’s activities include:
- Member, board of directors, the Paranormal Source, Inc., a nonprofit research
organization based in the Dallas, Texas area
- Consulting editor of FATE Magazine
- Consulting editor and author of “Mysteries, Legends and Unexplained Phenomena,” a series of young adult nonfiction books on the paranormal, published by Chelsea House/Facts On File
- Consultant for John Zaffis’s Paranormal Research Society of New England, which focuses on negative haunting problems
- East Coast representative, Ghost Research Society, Chicago
- Consultant to groups and consortiums of paranormal investigators
- Honorary Fellow of the College of Human Sciences, the professional membership division of the International Institute of Integral Human Sciences, Montreal
Past positions held are:
- Member, board of directors, International Association for the Study of Dreams
- Member, board of trustees, Academy of Religion and Psychical Research (now the Academy of Spirituality and Paranormal Studies)
- Columnist for TAPS Paramagazine
- Content writer for the Arts & Entertainment blog site, Paranormal Insider
- Contributing writer to the online monthly, The Global Intelligencer
Guiley holds a BA in Communications from the University of Washington, Seattle. Prior to becoming self-employed as an author, she worked as a news journalist for newspapers and wire services, as a magazine editor, and as an internal communications editor for IBM in White Plains, NY. Visionary Living, Inc., formed in 2000, is her umbrella company for managing her publishing and media work. She lives in Connecticut.
Documentaries, docu-dramas and cable/television shows
- Angels: Good or Evil, The History Channel
- Supernatural, WB (Season 4 DVD special features)
- The Lost Tapes, Animal Planet (seasons 2 and 3)
- The Haunted, Animal Planet
- Witchcraft in Salem, Mysterious Journeys, The Travel Channel
- The Secret Life of Vampires, A&E
- Children of the Grave, Spooked TV Productions, DVD and The SyFy Channel
- The Possessed, Spooked TV Productions, DVD and The SyFy Channel
- The Grand Midway Hotel, SCARED! Productions, DVD
- The Hill View Manor Live, Para-X Vision webcast TV
- Dreams and Food, The Discovery Health Channel
- Divine Magic: The World of the Supernatural: The Restless Dead, Time-Life Films
- Divine Magic: The World of the Supernatural: Dreams of Gold, Time-Life Films
- The Quest: Lunar Mysteries, The Discovery Channel
- Adventures Beyond: America’s Most Haunted, Bob Schott Productions DVD
- Creepy Canada, Ghosts aboard the USS Constellation and at the Poe grave in Baltimore
- Sightings (on vampires)
- The Science and Power of Prayer, Hartley Film Foundation DVD
- Numerous local and regional TV talk shows and newscasts
Guiley appears on numerous radio programs. Besides Coast to Coast AM with George Noory, she makes regular appearances on The Conspiracy Show with Richard Syrett and Exploring Unexplained Phenomena with Scott Colborn. She has been a repeat guest on The X-Zone with Rob McConnell and Para-X Radio with Dave Jones and John Zaffis.
In addition, she has written for or been featured in dozens of magazines, newspapers and webzines, among them TAPS Paramagazine, After Dark (Coast to Coast AM), FATE Magazine, Atlantis Rising, Visions, Bite Me (U.K.), Mclean’s (Canada) Forbes.com, Ghostvillage.com, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Seattle Times, The San Jose Mercury, Redbook, Dream Network, Dream Time, Body Mind Spirit, Believenet and numerous newspapers and local/regional magazines.
Published and Forthcoming Books
- The Vengeful Djinn: Unveiling the Hidden Agendas of Genies. Co-authored with Philip Imbrogno. Llewellyn, 2011.
GHOSTS, HAUNTINGS & SPIRIT COMMUNICATION
- Talking to the Dead. Co-authored with George Noory. Tor Books, 2011.
- Ouija: Shocking Tales of the Talking Board. Co-authored with Rick Fisher. Visionary Living, 2011.
- The Witches’ Book of the Dead. Co-authored with Christian Day. Red Wheel/Weiser, 2011.
- Haunted Salem. Stackpole Books, 2011.
- Spirit Communications. Part of the Mysteries, Legends and Unexplained Phenomena series. Young Adult. Chelsea House/Facts On File, 2009.
- Ghosthunting Pennsylvania. Clerisy Press, 2009.
- The Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits. Facts On File, 1992. Second ed. 2000. Third ed. 2007. Award of Excellence from the American Library Association.
Ghosts & Haunted Places. Part of the Mysteries, Legends and Unexplained Phenomena series. Young Adult. Chelsea House/Facts On File, 2008.
- The Encyclopedia of the Strange, Mystical and Unexplained. Gramercy Books/Random House, 2001.
- Multidimensional Portals: Windows to Another Reality. Co-authored with Philip J. Imbrogno. Llewellyn, 2011.
- The Atlas of the Mysterious in North America. Facts On File, 1994.
- Harper’s Encyclopedia of Mystical and Paranormal Experience. Harper San Francisco, 1991.
- Moonscapes: A Celebration of Lunar Astronomy, Magic, Legend and Lore. Prentice-Hall, 1991.
- The Encyclopedia of Demons. Facts On File, 2009.
VAMPIRES & WEREWOLVES
- The Encyclopedia of Vampires, Werewolves and Other Monsters. Facts On File, 2005. 2nd ed. 2011.
- Vampires. Part of the Mysteries, Legends and Unexplained Phenomena series. Young Adult. Chelsea House/Facts On File, 2008.
- The Complete Vampire Companion. Macmillan, 1994. Vampires Among Us. Pocket Books, 1991. Nominated for the Horror Writers of America Bram Stoker Award for best paranormal nonfiction.
MAGIC & ALCHEMY
- The Encyclopedia of Magic and Alchemy. Facts On File, 2006.
- The Encyclopedia of Witches, Witchcraft & Wicca. Facts On File, 1989. Second ed. 1999. Third ed. 2008.
- Witches & Witchcraft. Part of the Mysteries, Legends and Unexplained Phenomena series. Young Adult. Chelsea House/Facts On File, 2008.
DREAMS & INTUITION
- Dreams and Astral Travel. Part of the Mysteries, Legends and Unexplained Phenomena series. Young Adult. Chelsea House/Facts On File, 2009.
- The Tao of Dreaming. Co-authored with Sheryl Martin, OMD. Berkley, 2005.
- The Dreamer’s Way: Using Proactive Dreaming for Creativity and Healing. Berkley, 2004.
- Dreamspeak: How To Understand the Messages in Your Dreams. Berkley, 2001.
- Dreamwork for the Soul. Berkley, 1998.
- The Encyclopedia of Dreams: Symbols and Interpretations. Crossroad, 1993; Berkley, 1995.
- Breakthrough Intuition: How To Achieve A Life of Abundance by Listening to the Voice Within. Berkley, 2001.
- Fairies. Chelsea House, 2010.
- Fairy Magic. Thorsons/Element, 2004. (Faery Magic companion CD, Visionary Living, 2008.)
- The Encyclopedia of Angels. Facts On File, 1996. Second ed. 2004.
- Angel Magic for Love and Romance. Galde Press, 2005.
- Ask the Angels. Element/HarperCollins, 2003. Hampton Roads, 2008.
- I Bring You Glad Tidings: Inspiring True Stories of Christmas Angels. Pocket Books, 1999.
- An Angel in Your Pocket. Thorsons/HarperCollins, 1999.
- Angels of Mercy. Pocket Books, 1994. A Waldenbooks best-seller.
- Tales of Reincarnation. Pocket Books, 1989. Revised edition Galde Press, 2008.
- The Mystical Tarot. New American Library, 1991; Signet, 2001.
- The Angels Tarot. HarperSanFrancisco, book and deck set, 1996.
- The Alchemical Tarot. Thorsons/HarperCollins, book and deck set, 1995.
- The Alchemical Tarot Revisited. Hermes Publishing, 2009.
- The Quotable Saint. Facts On File, 2002.
- The Encyclopedia of Saints. Facts On File, 2001.
MIRACLES & PRAYER
- A Miracle in Your Pocket. Thorsons/HarperCollins, 2001.
- Prayer Works. Unity House, 1998.
- Wellness: Prayers for Comfort and Healing. Pocket Books, 1998.
- Blessings: Prayers for the Home and Family. Pocket Books, 1996 and 1998.
- The Miracle of Prayer: True Stories of Blessed Healings. Pocket Books, 1995.